Ubuntu: 20.04 LTS
Kernel: 5.13.0-40-generic
Thunderbird: 91.8.1 (64 bit)

Since starting service with an new ISP, I have been having problems with
Thunderbird outgoing mail (incoming works fine). I did not see this
problem with my previous ISP.

In both plain text and HTML formats, if the body of the email is greater
than approx. 930 characters, when I click <Send>, the progress window
goes to 100% sent, then hangs and eventually times out with the message
not being sent. It shows an error message:

"Sending of message failed
The message could not be sent using Outgoing server for an unknown reason.
Pleas verify that your Outgoing server settings are correct and try again."

I have contacted the new ISP about this and they have no idea what is
causing this except it is not a problem with their SMTP host. All email
settings are as directed by the new ISP.

I have confirmed this on 2 computers, both running the same software by
creating messages with known character counts of over 1000 characters,
created in a basic text editor, and progressively deleting characters
until it is successfully sent and recounting the characters.

I do not see this problem on a Windows 10 machine using the same version
of Thunderbird. I have also tried different email clients on Ubuntu and
see the same issue.

I am at a loss, so any possible clues as to what is going on would be
greatly appreciated.

** Affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Cannot create an email of more than approx. 930 characters
Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.