** Package changed: ubuntu => thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Cannot create an email of more than approx. 930 characters

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu: 20.04 LTS
  Kernel: 5.13.0-40-generic
  Thunderbird: 91.8.1 (64 bit)

  Since starting service with an new ISP, I have been having problems
  with Thunderbird outgoing mail (incoming works fine). I did not see
  this problem with my previous ISP.

  In both plain text and HTML formats, if the body of the email is
  greater than approx. 930 characters, when I click <Send>, the progress
  window goes to 100% sent, then hangs and eventually times out with the
  message not being sent. It shows an error message:

  "Sending of message failed
  The message could not be sent using Outgoing server for an unknown reason.
Pleas verify that your Outgoing server settings are correct and try again."

  I have contacted the new ISP about this and they have no idea what is
  causing this except it is not a problem with their SMTP host. All
  email settings are as directed by the new ISP.

  I have confirmed this on 2 computers, both running the same software
  by creating messages with known character counts of over 1000
  characters, created in a basic text editor, and progressively deleting
  characters until it is successfully sent and recounting the
  characters.

  I do not see this problem on a Windows 10 machine using the same
  version of Thunderbird. I have also tried different email clients on
  Ubuntu and see the same issue.

  I am at a loss, so any possible clues as to what is going on would be
  greatly appreciated.