Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better.

Your log indicates you installed Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, are still using it
and haven't upgraded to a later release such as Ubuntu kinetic using
Ubuntu-release-upgrader.  I've thus changed package to gnome-shell.
(apologies if still an incorrect package)

** Package changed: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell
(Ubuntu)

  Laptop freezes when recovering from suspend / sleep mode

  When I lock the laptop and unlock it - I have no issues.

  If I allow it to lock and then sleep, or close the lid and suspend -
  when I open it again, I get the login prompt but cannot use mouse /
  keyboard.

  The only solution I have is to press and hold the power button and
  force shutdown and then boot back up

  Release:      22.04

  No particular package being used.

  I would expect the system to recover from suspend / sleep and allow me
  to enter password.

  The laptop froze completely.

  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:22.04.10
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zcommon znvpair zavl icp
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue May 17 21:45:17 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en