If this happened yesterday, it could very well have been caused by a
temporary outage of snap store services. See the "Incident History"
section at https://status.snapcraft.io/.

Sep 21, 2022
Component "api.snapcraft.io - refresh" and a few other components are Down
Incident Duration
>From Sep 21, 2022 10:20 PM CEST to Sep 21, 2022 11:48 PM CEST (1 hr 27 mins)
Affected Components
dashboard.snapcraft.io (Production Services),  api.snapcraft.io - refresh
(Production Services),  snapcraft.io website (Production Services),
assertions.ubuntu.com (Production Services),  Snap downloads (Production
Services),  api.snapcraft.io - search (Production Services)

Component "api.snapcraft.io - refresh" and a few other components are Down
Incident Duration
>From Sep 21, 2022 10:06 PM CEST to Sep 21, 2022 10:20 PM CEST (13 mins)
Affected Components
dashboard.snapcraft.io (Production Services),  api.snapcraft.io - refresh
(Production Services),  assertions.ubuntu.com (Production Services),  Snap
downloads (Production Services),  api.snapcraft.io - search (Production
Services)

While this is frustrating and a rather poor user experience, this is not a bug
in firefox itself.
I'm closing the bug, feel free to re-open if you have evidence that the problem
was caused by something else than the outage of snap store services.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  firefox snap took 20 minutes to update

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I logged and firefox was unavailable, no indication of update, nothing.
  When I tried to launch firefox I was invited to install it BUT I klnow it's
installed, so I tried to install it but it said to me I needed to 'snap
refresh', I tried to snap refresh but it indicated that everything was up to
date. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the firefox snap and at this moment,
  I got the indication that the update was in progress since 15 MINUTES ! Then
I tried to remove the snap because I was sure it's bugged : in 20.04 firefox
never took more than 2 mins to update and my machine BUT after 20 minutes
firefox launched... wtf ?

  I'm an ubuntu user since circa 2005 and I believe firefox was already
  the default browser then, this is the worse user experience I've ever
  had.

  1/ I never selected auto-update, let me update when I want : being blocked 15
MINUTES by the OS is not a good user experience, I know this is accepted by
Windows users but I prefer to use Ubuntu
  2/ If you want to update tell me you're updating not that the application is
not installed : really not a good idea if you want your users to trust you

  I've waited 6 months after 22.04 release to migrate from 20.04 because
  I don't want to have this kind of bugs, I hope you do something really
  quick because this is not at the level of quality expected by your
  users.