> Sorry, I can't deal with the randomness. Let's simplify -
>
> $ sudo snap disable firefox
> firefox disabled

So you dont use Snap anymore from that point

> $ cat ~/.local/share/applications/firefox2.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Version=1.0
> Name=Firefox Web Browser 2
> Exec=/bin/bash -c "/home/alan/firefox-104.0.2/firefox/firefox"

This is a mozilla-downloaded binary right?

> Terminal=false
> X-MultipleArgs=false
> Type=Application
> Icon=firefox
> Categories=GNOME;GTK;Network;WebBrowser;
> MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;video/webm;application/x-xpinstall;
> StartupNotify=true
> StartupWMClass=firefox
> $
>
> With the above, if I log in and click firefox, I get stuck at the black
> window. If I quit firefox and try again, I get a *temporary* black window,
> and then a working firefox.

That means you repro the black window issue without using Snap, right?

> If I edit the file and change it to "MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1
> /home/alan/firefox-104.0.2/firefox/firefox", then two things change:
>
> 1. When I log in and click firefox, firefox works the first time. I don't
> have to quit it and click it again before I can use firefox.
> 2. When firefox starts, there is no *temporary* black screen either.

So does it means that forcing Wayland on mozilla's binary fixes the
issue completely?

  firefox black window

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  nicolas@nicolas-fixe:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  nicolas@nicolas-fixe:~$ apt-cache policy firefox
  firefox:
    Installé : 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
    Candidat : 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
   Table de version :
   *** 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2 500
          500 http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  When I boot Ubuntu and start Firefox, the Firefox's window is totally
  black. See attachment.

  I am at your disposal to answer any question you have.

  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Aug 28 12:42:29 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>