Weird!

I can run xterm.  Including immediately after login, which is how I've
been reproducing this Firefox issue.

I can change my hacked-up .desktop file to run "WAYLAND_DISPLAY=''
libreoffice" instead, and the libreoffice window seems fine.

I can run glxgears, xeyes, and xvidtune ok :-). (Didn't bother trying
those immediately after login).

The system should be clean of development or debug hacks.  It's a
desktop that runs Ubuntu, and I'm not the person who uses it normally.
I have some setup scripts (Ansible), that mostly just install the right
packages.

You might have noticed from the Launchpad bug, some reddit users
reported this on June 30. The poster thought it "just started happening
with Firefox 102.0". I don't know if that was the problem. On the system
I have, I had it as soon as I updated to Ubuntu 22.04, which was a bit
later.

Reddit link:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/voat7x/firefox_1020_snap_in_ubuntu_2204_launches_to/

Of course the Launchpad bug is only voted as "affects 4 people", so it
doesn't sound like it's universal.

  firefox black window

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  nicolas@nicolas-fixe:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  nicolas@nicolas-fixe:~$ apt-cache policy firefox
  firefox:
    Installé : 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
    Candidat : 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
   Table de version :
   *** 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2 500
          500 http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  When I boot Ubuntu and start Firefox, the Firefox's window is totally
  black. See attachment.

  I am at your disposal to answer any question you have.

  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Aug 28 12:42:29 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>