@ermshiperete Yes. And the *same* problem here in Ubuntu 23.04 (Xorg)
too...

  "Switch input sources individually for each window" does not work when
  a keyboard layout is selected using the mouse

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  As far as I remember, this problem was not present in the previous
  versions of Ubuntu (Xorg):

  After selecting "Switch input sources individually for each window" at
  the "GNOME Settings" / "Keyboard / Input source switching" section,
  the keyboard layout can be changed for each window using the keyboard
  shortcut (Windows Key+Space), however when the selection is attempted
  using the mouse, nothing is changed and the current layout stays as
  is.

  The problem is that I can use the keyboard shortcut on a local
  machine; however, I have to use the mouse for a remote desktop, since
  the key combination is captured by the local machine in this case.

  Wayland seems to work OK in this respect.

  Ref: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1436720/

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:41.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.5
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Sat Oct 22 19:02:15 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-04-29 (176 days ago)