Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>   The chosen method has a few small flaws in bordercases that will
>   be corrected eventually (in a new luatex release) but it seems
>   to work well enough for now

Before Oliver tells me I am being vague again: ;-)

What I mean is this: in the full path "/usr/texbin/luatex", "texbin"
can be a symlink to a different directory and that will be followed,
but if "luatex" itself is a symlink to a file in a different directory,
that will not be noticed.

Solving that in pure lua is pretty hard, so I will add a predefined
"full executable path" variable in the next luatex beta.

Best wishes,
Taco