Am 29.03.2012 um 19:23 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 29-3-2012 18:38, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> So will we drop the number ones then?
>>
>> This would only work when you also drop \makecounter because it won’t be
>> usable anymore when \definenumber will be changed to \definecounter.
>
> Well, a direct consequence of removing all 'structure' from
> 'structurecounter' is indeed that we get \definecounter and therefore need to
> drop the ones in syst-aux (no big deal as they are only used a few times and
> nowadays we have more than enough \count's; we can always turn them into
> \definevaluecounter or so if needed).
>
> Anyhow, I already did a lot of editing so there's no going back now ... I'm
> making a beta that you can check in a while. In the process
> \currentstructurecounter has become \currentsectioncountervalue and some
> macros got value appended as well.

It looks good and I will update my modules to use the new names but what’s with
the following helper functions, will you provide synonyms for them or should I
use these names (the commands are too useful to not use them myself):

- \strc_counters_register_component
- \strc_counter_setup_using_parameter
- \strc_counter_preset_using_parameter

Wolfgang