On 1/9/2012 12:25 PM, Leander Bessa wrote:
Thanks for the reply, i stil have some questions though:

1) Are XPCOM componentes accessible through javascript?
Yes. See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPConnect for details.

2) Do any new JS modules or XPCOM components need to be integrated at build
time or are they loaded at run-time (dll/dylib/so)?
They are loaded at runtime.

3) Regarding 4), i'm aware the mozilla supports multi-touch events. What
i'm trying to accomplish is to hook the events from a touch screen driver
on the desktop to the mechanism which launches the touch events. Do i need
to alter the mozilla source code to enable this or can it be achieved with
a XPCOM component?
On what OS? I believe that this is already hooked up on Mac, and on Windows as long as the driver uses the standard Windows touchscreen framework. You'd have to do that work on Linux, and it would involve hacking our core event processing systems (it probably could not be accomplished by just a component loaded at runtime.

--BDS