The Monday meeting was moved to Tuesday this week because of Thanksgiving
in Canada. The UX/PM discussion was brief because Ryan Feeley was unable to
- content-server memory usage grows much more quickly with Node 4.6 than
Node 0.10. Vlad and I have been trying to track down leaks, work continues.
Possibly related .
- I opened 3 large PRs to convert from ES5->ES2015 which caused some
consternation. I promise to do a max of one of these types of PRs per train
from now on. I'm glad this conversation happened because it's easy to go
overboard with changes like this.
- Vlad's work on the Devices/Apps view continues, the apps portion of
the PR needs tested and reviewed. I have done the review and need to
further test. 
- We are going to ship the devices view to 30% of users so that we can
collect more metrics on how it's being used.
- Signin unblock work continues. As of the meeting on Tuesday, only one
PR had merged, fast forward to today and all but 2 have merged. 
- The Yarn package manager from Facebook has been released.  It
promises faster performance and safer installation. In reality it is
blazing fast, the content server installs in about 60 seconds with a cold
cache and 20 seconds with a warm cache. Unfortunately it breaks the
- We are still hashing out the format of the Toronto meetup to take
place on Oct 31st-Nov 4th. The theme is "getting multi-device users".
Several proposals are on the table, we should be able to further plans
after working through the feature backlog in tonight's meeting.
- We have a lot of potential Outreachy participants coming into the
channel asking for help installing fxa-local-dev. Pretty much the entire
team has helped the contributors move forward, but the obvious question is
can we make the installation process better?
 - https://github.com/expressjs/express/issues/2997
 - https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/4910
 - https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server/pull/4261
 - https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server/pull/4154
 - https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-dev/pull/282
Dev-fxacct mailing list