Hi All,

Over in github we've been discussing our options of rate-limiting pairing
channel creation attempts:

  https://github.com/mozilla-services/channelserver/issues/21

One obvious approach would be to use the existing fxa-customs-server, and
just add some new action types like "createPairingChannel" and
"connetToPairingChannel" that the channelserver can send over for
checking.  However, the fxa-customs-server is currently run as a private
"sidecar" service for fxa-auth-server, exposed only over a localhost
interface.

Does it make sense for us to try to extract fxa-customs-server into its own
standalone service that can be accessed by multiple consumers?  Or is that
likely to be more work than just adding rate-limiting code directly into
the channelserver?

  Cheers,

    Ryan