On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 at 09:09, Stefan Arentz <sare...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> “The application-services team is trying to plan for a future on iOS;
> immediate next action is to get some iOS build advice from the Firefox for
> iOS team”
>
> This is really exciting. But I am curious why that is a priority over
> Android (Fenix) work.
>
> Although Firefox for iOS works now, with some constraints, it would
> definitely benefit from an improved services implementation.
>
> But right now should we not spend that energy on Android?

There's a lot more nuance in the detailed meeting minutes, but you're
absolutely right that the Android work needs to (and does!) take priority
here.

Basically, we would like to start having some high-level conversations
about what an iOS equivalent to android-components might look like.  Not
necessarily to start on it with any urgency, but to ensure that we don't
make short-term decisions that make such an effort harder for ourselves
down the line.

I expect the first concrete work on that front to be porting the logins-api
component to iOS, so that it can be used in Lockbox for iOS, which will
happen sometime in 2019.

Does it seem a little saner when framed in that way? :-)

   Cheers,

     Ryan

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 5:39 PM Nicholas Alexander <nalexan...@mozilla.com>