Hi Shane,

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 4:22 AM Shane Tomlinson <stomlin...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> Those docs are a bit out of date now and need to be updated (on Q3's OKR
> list), sorry for the confusion. It shouldn't be a problem to get you set up
> with OAuth credentials.
>
> As mentioned in the docs development occurs against the
> https://stable.dev.lcip.org FxA stack. stable is a prod-like stack that
> is updated every Thursday. Note that it's user database is distinct to
> https://accounts.firefox.com, so developers will need to create and
> verify an account there to sign into the app. OAuth credentials for
> https://accounts.firefox.com are reserved for your beta/production apps.
>
> I have created a PR to provision creds
> <https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-dev/pull/468> on
> https://stable.dev.lcip.org for you. If that looks good to you, we can
> get that deployed soon.

Given my limited knowledge, this looks good to me.

When would create beta/production credentials?

> Will Firefox for Fire TV access Sync data? I'm assuming so.

In the short term (Q3), we only intend to receive tabs. We have no current
plans to use sync data otherwise.

> I know from speaking to Chenxia that there are a few wriggles that need to
> be ironed out for Fx for Fire TV, especially around navigation and input.
> Email verification is going to be interesting too, I wonder if users will
> find it obvious how to verify their email. We have been talking about
> making all users verify their email address by typing a TOTP-like code
> <https://github.com/mozilla/fxa/issues/457> that is sent to their email
> address, in this case, since Firefox for Fire TV is input constrained, it
> might make sense to have continue with the existing behavior and have users
> click a link instead.

Our intent is to land a proof-of-concept FxA sign in integration ASAP to be
able to test all the flows on device and figure out the optimal user
experience. Bram, our UX designer, may have already done some research with
your team here but fwiw, I'm missing context on it.

Thanks for the quick response – let me know if you have any questions or
suggestions for me! I don't have much context on the FxA integration so I'm
currently in the process of figuring it out in this issue
<https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-tv/issues/2445>.
- Mike