Hi @all,
I like to add PSR 3 logging to the oxid core. So that any class could make use
of LoggerAwareInterface
to get an Logger Object automatically injected when it is created by oxNew
function.

It explained in a pull request I did last year, but was conflicting with
namespace impl.:
https://github.com/OXID-eSales/oxideshop_ce/pull/241

The reason I need this functionality is that enterprise projects are easier to
maintain if there is only one logger implementation in use, and programmers
will be able to use logging without taking care of dependencies to other logger
modules or implementation details.

I also like to add an default Logger implementation (monolog), because the core
and the modules should be able to use logging functionality without extra
installation steps.

For configuration I like to add something similar to symphony configuration
described in:
http://symfony.com/doc/current/cookbook/logging/monolog.html

for example a logger.yaml/config.yml file:

monolog:

    handlers:

        root:

            type: stream

            path: EXCEPTION.LOG

            level: error

or maybe as php array in config.inc.php:

$this->monolog: [

'handlers':[

    'root': [

        'type': 'stream'

        'path': 'EXCEPTION.LOG'

        'level': 'error'

    ]

]

Maybe we will need to support generic DI solution so we can make things like in
the following example:

services:

    my_formatter:

        class: Monolog\Formatter\JsonFormatter

But before I create a pull request for such big change, I like to know if there
are requirements I should take care or any wishes about the configuration files
or the default configuration?
And of cause if that idea would conflict with any other implementations we are
currently working on.

Any help and any ideas are welcome, please answer to the list, to me directly
or create pull requests against my branch:
https://github.com/keywan-ghadami-oxid/oxideshop_ce/tree/feature/psr3_logger_interface

best regards

Keywan

Keywan Ghadami
Software-Entwickler Professional Services

keywan.ghad...@oxid-esales.com<mailto:keywan.ghad...@oxid-esales.com>
Fon +49 761 36889-235
Fax +49 761 36889-29
www.oxid-esales.com<http://www.oxid-esales.com?campaign=emailsignatur/oxid-esales-com&adword=OXSIG_Startseite>

[OXID Commons]<http://www.oxid-commons.de/>

OXID Commons 2016
02.06.2016, Freiburg
www.oxid-commons.de<http://www.oxid-commons.de/>

OXID eSales AG
Bertoldstraße 48
79098 Freiburg
Deutschland

Vorstand: Roland Fesenmayr (Vorsitzender), Dr. Marcus Klosterberg
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Michael Schlenk, Sitz: Freiburg
Amtsgericht Freiburg i. Br., HRB 701648, USt-IdNr.: DE231450866