Another way of looking at the problem: should there be an API to determine
if an object implements a particular WebIDL interface? I hope we agree the
answer is yes... In that case, what would we call it? Can we call it
something that doesn't sound like "instanceOf", and explain with a straight
face why it should be used instead of instanceOf, and expect that authors
will actually use it instead of just using instanceOf?

Rob
--
Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority