I've been finding and, to a lesser extent, reporting and writing
patches for bugs where a localization sets the fallback encoding to a
value that doesn't suit the purpose of the fallback. In some cases,
there such bogosity in the intl.properties file (e.g. translation of
the word "windows" as part of a charset label) that I suspect that
changes to intl.properties have been landing without review.

I propose we adopt a rule that says that localizations need review
from the HTML parser module owner (i.e. me) to change the values of
preferences that modify the behavior of the HTML parser. (In practice,
this means the localizable properties intl.charset.default and
intl.charset.detector.)

Opinions?

--
Henri Sivonen