On 05/08/2013 08:06 PM, Benoit Girard wrote:

I personally have a strong preference for keeping tests, particularly unit
tests, running fast. My workflow is to develop new code by testing it via
unit tests so longer turn around times slow down my development workflow.
Sadly we don't have a good a way with dealing with slow but efficient tests
and they end up making it difficult to test locally. But this isn't a
reason to reject a useful test so feel free to check it in. Perhaps we
should consider introducing a concept of smoke tests for developers to run
locally where we can aim to maintain a good trade off between code coverage
and turn around times. But that's orthogonal to your request. I think
splitting GTest into a separate test job should be a prerequisite to not
slow down the build job significantly which AIUI reduces test turn around
times by delaying all test jobs from starting.

Test jobs are kicked off before 'make check' starts.

HTH
Ms2ger