On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM, David Rajchenbach-Teller
<dtel...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> I don't understand when we wouldn't use this service. At the moment, we
> capture thumbnails for all pages, so if we do not change that strategy,
> the sandbox would effectively double at least all non-ajax network/disk
> activity.

This service can complement rather than replace the existing
thumbnailing mechanism, which captures pages as they are loaded
normally (and which we should be able to optimize further to reduce
unnecessary redraws and responsiveness impact). As mentioned in the
original post, the primary goal for this service is to capture
thumbnails for "sensitive sites", which the existing thumbnailing
mechanism is not suitable for.

Gavin