On 26/06/13 16:59, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
> For whatever it's worth, Blink has made the decision to implement Web
> MIDI without receiving any feedback from us (and to the best of my
> knowledge from other vendors),

I am not sure why implementing something should require that many rules
as long as it doesn't ship.

> and has also made the decision to ship
> requestAutocomplete hoping that Hixie will add it to the spec before it
> hits the Chrome release channel.

This is not true, they pushed it to Canary-only [1].

This said, I am not sure that we should allow us to have a bad behaviour
because we believe other groups have/had that behaviour.

> So, are you proposing that we should give feedback on all APIs even if
> they're not interesting to us?  I'd be fine with that, but I don't think
> we can assume that it will be reciprocated.

This is a concern I share.

[1]
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!searchin/blink-dev/requestautocomplete/blink-dev/0TnqLOvC2ZY/Wf_c2GExrCoJ

--