On 6/25/2013 1:19 PM, Dave Townsend wrote:
I wish we could get JS code coverage too though.

I think JS code coverage is a worthy goal, but it shouldn't block getting automated code coverage. The problem is that getting this to work reliably basically requires changes in the JS engine in the following ways: 1. An instrumentation-based approach basically needs a maintained, tested, quality decompiler for the Reflect.parse AST trees 2. Using the new Debugger APIs requires basically making the debugger usable for xpcshell tests. 3. A third approach I had, using bhackett's pc-counts, would require fixing them in IonMonkey and more well-supporting them.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer