We're planning to implement a prototype of the NavigationController
interface (see bug 898524).  We will try to get feedback from web
developers on the prototype and will use that feedback to change the spec
and the implementation and iterate on the API.  Our major goal for now is
coming up with a good API that is useful for the intended use cases.  Once
we're there, we will talk about plans to ship the API.  For now, all of
this work will be disabled for web content.

Cheers,
--
Ehsan
<http://ehsanakhgari.org/>