On 2013-08-08 12:20 PM, Nikhil Marathe wrote:
On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:02:51 PM UTC-7, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Nikhil Marathe wrote:

On Monday, August 5, 2013 10:01:06 AM UTC-7, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

On 26/07/13 18:29, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:

We're planning to implement a prototype of the NavigationController

interface (see bug 898524).  We will try to get feedback from web

developers on the prototype and will use that feedback to change the

spec

and the implementation and iterate on the API.  Our major goal for now

is

coming up with a good API that is useful for the intended use cases.

  Once

we're there, we will talk about plans to ship the API.  For now, all of

this work will be disabled for web content.

My understanding is that we wanted to implement this feature on top of

Event Pages. Is there any plan to implement this too?

-- Mounir

I'm experimenting with this. The SharedWorker patches are crucial to this,

and I've spent some time trying to get them to work on m-c, before I can

start working on this.

Initially I have been planning to use a SharedWorker for the prototype for

the sake of getting it ready sooner.  Nikhil, is there a bug for your work

on Event Pages?  If yes, I'd gladly follow that bug and will try to build

something on top of your work there.

Right now my patch doesn't do much over bent's rebased sharedworker patch. So
you can start with it. I've to understand some of the code and think through
some things, after which I can start a thread here about what Event
page/Background services will behave.

I think you forgot the bug number.  :-)