On 8/30/13 13:41, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
Where did the text file come from? There's a source somewhere... And
these days that's hardly how people create content anyway.

Maybe not for the content _you_ consume, but the Internet is a bit larger than our ivory tower.

Check out, for example:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=design:future-unpag-20130820.txt

In particular, when you look at that document, tell me what you think the parenthetical phrase after the author's name is supposed to look like -- because I can guarantee that Firefox isn't doing the right thing here.

And again, it has already been pointed out we cannot scan the entire byte stream

Sure we can. We just can't fix things on the fly: we'd need something akin to a user prompt and probably a page reload. Which is what I'm proposing.

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer