On (2013年09月09日 12:45), Karl Tomlinson wrote:
> ishikawa <ishik...@yk.rim.or.jp> writes:
>
>>   - Has anyone have mode-line (or .emacs) setting to make the indentation in
>> Emacs to follow the prefered style?
>
> I've got by so-far with M-x set-variable js-indent-level 2 when
> necessary, but this doesn't automatically become buffer-local, so
> I find myself manually changing back to 4 for other files.
>
> A mode line would be helpful and perhaps js-indent-level is the
> right variable there.  I don't know if there is an agreed style.

Thank you for the information about js-indent-level.
(Funny I thought I tinkered with this variable, but maybe my other setting
might have interfered it. Emacs and its made up of
emacs-lisp functions and variables, etc. can behave in an unexpected manner
sometimes, indeed.)

I will try to create a mode-line with explicit setting of js-indent-level
and such so that, we can tweak them to fit various indentation styles of
legacy files.

Thank you again.