On (2013年09月09日 12:44), Gavin Sharp wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM, ishikawa <ishik...@yk.rim.or.jp> wrote:
>> So my question boils down to
>>   - what is the preferred style for JavaScript now for mozilla source code?
>
> There isn't one that applies across all of Mozilla, and I think that's
> not a problem.
>
> (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/User:GavinSharp_JS_Style_Guidelines
> is my personal style, and I think  the one that is most commonly used
> for Firefox code. But even amongst Firefox front-end developers there
> are minor variations, and as you've noted there is legacy code that
> does not follow current style.)
>
> Gavin

Thank you for the pointer.

Your guidelines page is more comprehensive and detailed and so I will try to
follow it.

I wonder if trying to re-indent legacy code according to the current style
is a good idea or not. (It is a little irritating to modify a part of legacy
code and find my editor trying to follow the current style while the rest of
the file is in different style.)

TIA