On 2013-11-25 12:02 PM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
Unfortunately, often when we are out of memory crash reports come back
as empty minidumps (because the crash reporter has to allocation memory
and/or VM space to create minidumps). We believe that most of the
empty-minidump crashes present on crash-stats are in fact also
out-of-memory crashes.

Do we know how much memory we tend to use during the minidump collection phase? Does it make sense to try to reserve an address space range large enough for those allocations, and free it up right before trying to collect a crash report to make sure that the crash reporter would not run out of (V)memory in most cases? That could be easier to implement than an OOP crash reporter.

Cheers,
Ehsan