On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Benjamin Smedberg
<benja...@smedbergs.us> wrote:
> In crashkill we have been tracking crashes that occur in low-memory
> situations for a while. However, we are seeing a troubling uptick of issues
> in Firefox 23 and then 25. I believe that some people may not be able to use
> Firefox because of these bugs, and I think that we should be reacting more
> strongly to diagnose and solve these issues and get any fixes that already
> exist sent up the trains.
>
> Followup to dev-platform, please.
>
> = Data and Background =
>
> See, as some anecdotal evidence:
>
> Bug 930797 is a user who just upgraded to Firefox 25 and is seeing these a
> lot.
> Bug 937290 is another user who just upgraded to Firefox 25 and is seeing a
> bunch of crashes, some of which are empty-dump and some of which are all
> over the place (maybe OOM crashes).

Another relevant one is bug 936784.  The bug reporter is seeing a
terrible memory leak (and subsequent crashes) in FF25.  In FF26 and
FF27 it has reduced to a much milder leak.  The bug reporter is very
responsive and gave me lots of additional info via private mail, but
unfortunately the relevant site is proprietary which blocked my
attempts at investigating further.

Anecdotally, my wife told me today that some people at her work were
complaining that FF25 used "way more" memory than previous versions.

Nick