I'm happy to announce that the AsyncShutdown module is now considered
stable and to invite you to make use of it in your code, should you need
the feature.

The AsyncShutdown module is a simple mechanism designed to help us
handle dependencies between asynchronous modules during shutdown. A
typical example is a module that needs during shutdown to collect data
(asynchronously) then write it to the profile dir (asynchronously)
before profile-before-change completes. AsyncShutdown lets us avoid
(most of) the mess of spinning nested event loops, offers a readable API
and handles {dead, live}locks and error reporting.

For more details, see  http://wp.me/p52O1-mn and
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/JavaScript_code_modules/AsyncShutdown.jsm

For the moment, this module is only for JavaScript, but we plan to
eventually port it to C++, so if you need it in C++, please get in touch
(bug 918317).

Asynchronously yours,
 David

--