Caches are fine in the child process as long they are reasonably sized, and
they purge themselves in case of a low-memory notification.

On FFOS the parent process never dies, so leaks or long-lived memory allocation
there tends to hurt. Responding to low-memory notifications is really important
here as well.

Andreas