On 4/1/14, 9:57 AM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
> On 4/1/2014 10:54 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> Let's see if we can wrap up this conversation soon now. How about:
>>
>>      MOZ_MAKE_COMPILER_BELIEVE_IS_UNREACHABLE
> I counter-propose that we remove the macro entirely. I don't believe
> that the potential performance benefits we've identified are worth the
> risk.

I agree.

What should we replace MOZ_ASSUME_UNREACHABLE with?

If the code is truly unreachable, it doesn't matter what we replace it
with. The question is what to do when the impossible occurs. To me,
letting control flow past such a place is just as scary as undefined
behavior. So I think our replacement for MOZ_ASSUME_UNREACHABLE should
crash even in non-debug builds. This suggests MOZ_CRASH.

-j