On 2014-04-01, 6:03 PM, Jeff Walden wrote:
On 04/01/2014 09:44 AM, Trevor Saunders wrote:
b2g jb using gcc 4.7 was what I guessed as well, but
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/b2g/tinderbox-builds/mozilla-central-hamachi/1396314004/b2g_mozilla-central_hamachi_dep-bm72-build1-build10.txt.gz
seems to provide some evidence to the contrary. configure says it finds
gcc 4.4, but b2g 'helpfully' runs make with -s so we can't know what
actually happens...

Judging by the tinderbox behavior I've observed with nullptr stuff in the past
-- including patches that dumped the compiler version in tbpl logs and then
aborted the build -- I think the compiler on tinderbox for at least some kinds
of b2g stuff is some weird amalgam that doesn't map to the gcc version
numbering the world uses, with some backported patches for various things, or
something.

Yeah, I have the same impression.

> Which seems crazy, but everything I hear says attempting to seriously complain and get us moved to a modern gcc there is useless, so I haven't bothered.

Actually there is a chance for us to switch to a more modern (NDK) gcc in 1.5, but of course that will not affect the toolchain used for ICS as long as we need to support that.

Cheers,
Ehsan