On 4/13/2014 4:42 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
Honestly, I think we're already pretty close to most of those recommendations, most of the time. "More descriptive commit messages" is the only recommendation there that is not commonly followed, as far as I can see.

I was thinking about it, and I'm not sure how useful this prescription is. Almost all of our commits require a bug number, and often the comments in the bug serve a better motivating factor for why changes need to be made rather than trying to distill discussion into a length commit comment. (This is coming from somebody who has often done deep archaeology to figure out "why the hell does this broken interface exist?")

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer