On 4/24/2014 9:20 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
I have prepared a queue of patches that removes Netscape-era (circa
1999) internationalization code that efforts to implement the Encoding
Standard have shown unnecessary to have in Firefox. This makes libxul
on ARMv7 smaller by 181 KB, so that's a win.

Have we measured the impact of this change on actual memory usage (as
opposed to virtual address space size) ?

We are also limited by disk space in the system partition on devices like tarako. So reducing lib size has a benefit even if the code is usually paged out.

Ben