On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivo...@hsivonen.fi> wrote:
> Therefore, it looks like we should turn off (if we haven't already):
>  * The ICU LayoutEngine.

I don't find this code in the tree at all.

>  * Ustdio

I don't yet know what we are doing about this one.

>  * ICU encoding converters and their mapping tables.

It looks like we are actually  turning of the converters that need
conversion tables.
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/build/autoconf/icu.m4#146

(Previously, I thought we had customized uconfig.h, but then I found icu.m4.)

We are still building algorithmic converters, though. I'll try to turn
those off.

>  * ICU break iterators and their data.
>  * ICU transliterators and their data.

Looking at the icu.m4 script, it looks like we already turn off the
code for these.

It's not yet clear to me what part of the build system is responsible
for omitting the associated data, but considering that the word as
that ICU added around 3 MB, we have to be subsetting the data already.

Additionally, I noticed that we are not using ICU IDNA support and
IDNA support can be turned off with a define.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@hsivonen.fi