For its recently landed WebIDE, the devtools team needs a component to
watch changes in a directory (they are currently using a somewhat
hackish workaround that they want to replace with something better
supported). Both Windows and MacOS X provide built-in functions for this
purpose but most Unices including Linux do not.

Under Linux, I would like to use libnotify. It is not quite clear to me
whether this is something I can do at the moment. Apparently, we already
have dependencies towards libnotify in our gnome bindings and our gtk
WebAppRT.

Can someone shed some light on the subject?

Thanks,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD