On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Benjamin Smedberg
<benja...@smedbergs.us> wrote:
> I believe that we should not be adding hidden prefs just because a small
> minority of people might want a feature, but we've decided not to expose it
> in the browser preferences. Those kinds of choices should be made by
> installing Firefox extensions.

If we're going to be suggesting people write add-ons to flip run-time
switches not via prefs, it'd be nice to actually separate the
"run-time switch API" aspect of prefs into a separate API that's not
designed to be persistent. It would make the "write an add-on"
solution to adjusting behavior at run time require less knowledge of
the specifics of the feature.

Gavin