On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 00:46:07 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 2014-11-28 10:12 +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
>> The downside from doing so, though, is that non-unified build *will*
>> be broken, and code "purity" (right includes in the right sources,
>> mostly) won't be ensured. Do you think this is important enough to keep
>> non-unified builds around?
>
> Another disadvantage here is that it will make adding or removing
> source files harder, because you'll have to clean up the accumulated
> "nonunified" bustage that shows up when files are shifted around
> between unified files.  (This might be somewhat harder to fix a year
> or two later than it is when causing it.)

Would it be helpful to be more explicit about the special
treatment of include files in unified sources?

Perhaps have no include directives in UNIFIED_SOURCES files, but
have a separate .h file at the beginning of the unified file
(explicitly listed or automatically added by the unification) that
includes all necessary headers for all UNIFIED_SOURCES.

I guess it is less likely that include lists would be cleaned up
if they are in separate files, which would bring us back to IWYU.