On 5/6/15 13:32, Jonas Sicking wrote:
Like Ehsan, I don't see what advantages limiting this to https brings?

In some ways, that depends on what we decide to define "new features" to mean, and the release date of this feature relative to the date we settle on in the announced security plan [1] of " Setting a date after which all new features will be available only to secure websites."

If we use the example definition of "new features" to mean "features that cannot be polyfilled," then this would qualify.

Keep in mind the thesis of that plan isn't that we restrict security-sensitive features to https -- it's that /all new stuff/ is restricted to https. If this falls under the definition of a "new feature," and if it's going to be released after the embargo date, then the security properties of clipboard manipulation don't really enter into the evaluation.

____
[1] https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2015/04/30/deprecating-non-secure-http/

--
Adam Roach