On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Adam Roach <aro...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Which leaves us with a conundrum regarding your plea for more notice:
> it's a bit hard to seriously consider complaints that "at some future
> date yet to be determined" is "too soon."

​My apologies. My reading of the announcements indicated that this was
happening in Firefox 40, which is very soon. It was not at all clear that
there was some kind of step by step process (indeed, this message was the
first time I picked up on that, despite reading this thread fairly closely
-- perhaps communications being clearer would have helped).

I suspect a lot of this kerfuffle could have been dodged had the original
posting been a little more thorough and more cautiously worded.​ Trying to
tease these nuances out of a long and emotional thread has been difficult,
unfortunately.

It was not clear until quite a few messages into the thread that this
wasn't all happening at once, and wasn't automatically being applied to all
servers. It sounded very much as if all unencrypted HTTP was going to be
rejected starting in Firefox 40. Now that I know that's not the case, I'm
much less concerned, although not 100% living in happy unicorns and
rainbows land.

--

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer