Let me start by saying I don't care which format we use. (Formats come, and
formats go.) I do care, however, that my use case is supported.

My use case, speech enabling web apps and web pages for Firefox OS's voice
assistant Vaani, requires that the chosen format support something akin to
schema.org's actions[1] as well as the ability for anyone to add custom
actions. This use case is also required by the Taipei team working on the
Firefox OS TV.

Open Graph[2] does not support such actions. Thus, it is not sufficient for our
use case. (Facebook extended Open Graph with actions[3]. However, the set of
valid actions is completely under Facebook's control which makes their Open
Graph extension a non-starter.)

Microdata[4], RDFa[5], and JSON-LD[6] do support actions. Hence, support for at
least one of these is sufficient for our use case.

Microformats[7] currently does not support actions. Hence, it is not sufficient
for our use case.

The Vaani team and the Taipei team working on the Firefox OS TV would love to
base our work on that being done for pinning the web. (One of the 3 virtues of
a programmer *is* laziness.) However, if neither Microdata, RDFa, nor JSON-LD
is supported, we will, unfortunately, be forced to go our own way.

[1] http://schema.org/Action
[2] http://ogp.me/
[3] https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/opengraph/using-actions
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/