This thread has been fun to follow. There are only 2 hard problems in Comp Sci
and naming things is one of them ;).

Just wanted to quickly chip in: during our lively discussion about naming,
let’s not forget Postel’s Law.

It’s smart to debate which format we should encourage for _publishing_.
It’s wise to be liberal in what formats we _accept_.

So we can encourage developers to use the solution we think is best, while
simultaneously falling back to anything reasonable that’s there. og:x,
twitter:y, Microformats... if it’s being actively used on the web we would be
silly to turn up our nose at good data!

---
Gordon Brander
Sr Design Strategist