On 2015/07/02 4:30, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
This is probably due to
https://dxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mailnews/test/resources/logHelper.js
that registers itself as a console listener and its low-tech feedback
loop prevention.  (NB: The quippy file-level comment should be
s/aweswome/Andrew/ for the third instance of awesome.)

Thank you for the comment (I mean the post to this mailing list).
I understand such recursion-prevention is necessary.

Many years ago, I recall Emacs blew up when it reached low-memory condition. It detected this low-memory condition early on to warn the users in advance. But when it tried to print out a warning about low-memory condition and the user might want to save the buffers and start over, the print routine which created a small buffer to store the lengthy warning message and show it on the screen kicked invoked ANOTHER invocation of memory allocation function, which in turn detected the low-memory condition and ... ad infinitum. Today, to avoid blow-up in the particular execution path, Emacs pre-allocates the necessary low-level data structure to avoid blowup (e.g., error message constant string is pre-created as Emacs Lisp string, etc.)

So that part is understandable.

See
http://www.visophyte.org/blog/tag/logsploder/ for context on the various
logsploder references and the purpose of most of the machinery in there.
  It might be easier to remove the functionality than to try and make it
smarter since I rather doubt anyone uses any of the fancy logging stuff
anymore.

Hmm, it seems that C-C TB's mozmill test suite uses it still.

Andrew

Thank you again for the background on the machineary of log handling.

I am still wondering why on earth "Components" is not defined in head.js. Something is screwed up there.

TIA