http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/activity-proposal.html (which has a
> brief summary of the work)
>
> recharter: Efficient XML Interchange Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/exi-charter.html
>
> recharter: XML Query Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/query-charter.html
>
> recharter: XML Core Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/xml-core-charter.html
>
> recharter: XML Processing Model Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/xproc-charter.html
>
> recharter: XSLT Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/xsl-charter.html
>
> bring back to life: XForms Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2015/05/xforms-charter.html
>

> Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
>  Thursday, July 30.
>
> Please reply to this thread if you think there's something we
> should say as part of this charter review, or whether you think we
> should explicitly abstain.  (Note that we can only explicitly
> abstain from the set of charters as a whole, not individually, at
> least on the ballot form, though I suppose we could do so in
> prose.)
>
> (My inclination is at minimum to explicitly abstain, with comments
>  that they shouldn't expect browser implementation.)

I'd personally prefer to shut down the entire Activity. None of these
groups will help "lead the web to its full potential" (if that's still
the W3C's motto). They are completely out of touch with what's happened
on the Web is the last decade, exemplified by the following quote from
the XML Core proposed charter:

> The Working Group has current plans to:
>
> 1. Publish a sixth edition of XML 1.0 as an Edited Recommendation,
> to include the changes for the LEIRI specification, at such time
> as IRI-bis is final.

This entire Activity is a distraction from the real needs of the web,
and if the W3C is serious about its motto, it should focus on those
rather than providing support and hosting conferences for people's
petty side projects that have no bearing on the web.

However, I'll already be happy if we can kill the XForms zombie.
Apparently they've had a group in plh's Domain for years, and never
produced anything of consequence, and now that he's finally managed to
kick them out, they want to return through this back door. If the
handful of people who still care about it want to continue wasting
each other's time, they can always start a Community Group, or move to
another standards development organization.

HTH
Ms2ger