On Thursday 2015-07-23 17:54 -0700, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 3:43 PM, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > I'm not sure it's really a fight I want to take on right now,
> > though.
>
> Trying to kill things at W3C has generally not seemed worth the effort
> to me. It's better to ignore it and let it die out by itself due to
> lack of attention.
>
> But being super clear that we don't plan to implement or review any
> aspects of this group sounds good to me. And leaving a comment that
> we'd prefer to see the WG closed also seems worth the effort.
>
> Chasing it beyond that does not. At least to me.

I wrote the following abstention:

# It's disappointing to see the W3C putting this much effort into XML work
# that is not related to the needs of the Web. We don't support this
# work, and would rather see the resources going into it going into things
# that would help the Web, but it doesn't seem worth formally objecting to
# it.
#
# I wouldn't expect to see any of the work of these groups being
# implemented by Mozilla (or, I think, by any other browser vendors).
#
# It also seems particularly unfortunate to newly charter (XForms) or
# recharter (EXI) working groups with such low activity levels as EXI and
# XForms, neither of which appear to have much substantive activity on
# their mailing lists.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,