On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:

> Another compat issue we need to fix is returning the same
>> ServiceWorkerRegistration object repeatedly from certain APIs.  This was
>> something that changed a few times in both the spec and chrome.
>>
>> Fixing these minor compat issues is on our todo list for the rest of the
>> 45
>> cycle leading up to orlando.
>>

> OK.  Are there plans to uplift any of this to 44?

No.  I think what we have works on the sites/demos/wpt tests available
today.  We feel its compatible enough to ship.  We'll fix further compat
issues using our standard train model.

> Overall I expect to get reports of compat issues.
>>

> That's fair.  Again, the main question I have is whether giving our impl
> and the spec more bake time would help with this or just push it off while
> leaving the scope of the problem about the same.  It sounds like you don't
> think it would really help, right?

I think the best thing we can do right now is get a second implementation
into wide circulation.  This will highlight compat issues yes, but also
help avoid baking chrome specific behavior into all the sites using service
workers.

Ben