Unfortunately, this ship has sailed a long time ago. I didn't really
follow at the time, but I'm almost sure that there was a conscious
decision that Gecko == Firefoxen. While it makes the development of
Firefoxen easier, it pretty much killed the Mozilla Platform, including
embedding.

These days, any mozEffort towards having a platform/embedding come
around Servo.

Cheers,
 David

P.S.: I may be exaggerating a bit, I seem to remember that Mike De Boer
was working on his own on a project for developing applications with
Node + Gecko.