This seems to be the general response whenever this topic is brought up, with
good reason. I don't think modularizing Gecko just for the sake of it makes
much sense. What I think the take away from this should be is: when developing
a new component or maintaining an old one keep in mind that making it
accessible to fuzzers is valuable. In the short term this may been making
gtests that we can leverage.

Decoder has started work on support for gtests to help use it as an alternative
to the full browser. I believe he does have a couple simple fuzzers working atm
however I'm not sure what they have been finding. I have tried myself with
varying levels of success.

I think a good starting point for this work would be media and image processing
(codecs, parsers demuxers, decoders, etc...). We (fuzzing team) have already
talked to the media team about this. Christoph and I recently fuzzed the new
BMP decoder and had many situations where we hit issues that were not
reproducible that would have been easily reproducible in a shell. The issues
were in the image processing code but obscured by the rest of the system. The
main issue in these cases was threading/timing.

Maybe others have ideas for how we can make code more fuzz-able?