On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Ryan VanderMeulen <
rvandermeu...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I'm sure most of you have experienced the pain of long backlogs on Try
> (Windows in particular). While we'd all love to have larger pools of test
> machines (and our Ops people are actively working on improving that!), one
> often-overlooked thing people can do to help with the backlog Right Now is
> to cancel pending jobs on pushes they no longer need (i.e. newer push to
> Try, broken patch, already pushed to inbound, etc).
>
> Treeherder makes it easy to do this - just hit the little circle with an X
> icon on the right hand side adjacent to the "XX% - Y in progress" text
> along the top bar of the push. You will be prompted whether you really want
> to cancel all jobs on the push. Just hit OK and you're done.
>
> Killing off unnecessary jobs can have a significant impact on wait times
> and backlog, so your consideration is greatly appreciated!

Can we probably provide an additional banner on the top of the treeherder
which shows all try pushes one has pushed in progress? I suppose it would
make people easier to find and switch between their own try pushes, and
also make it more convenient to cancel old pushes they no longer need
without adding much annoyance.

- Xidorn