This.  Dropping the XP support is *completely* not an engineering decision.  It
isn’t even a community decision.  It is completely, 100% MoCo driven Firefox
product management decision, as long as the numbers of users are where they are.

It is good to have these conversations, about potential pros of removing the
support for XP, as they will inform us in the future.  In the immediate term,
it will be very frustrating for people to think that any technical information
they provide would be enough to push us in the direction of dropping XP support.

—
- Milan